As kids, we loved trick-or-treating on Halloween more than actually dressing up. We used to walk around our neighborhood, going door to door, collecting as much candy as we could carry in our orange plastic pumpkins. Then, we’d get home, sit around the kitchen table with our candy laid out, and organize a trade. Fast forward many years, and we still love this sugar-filled holiday! But, these days, we’re more likely found entertaining with friends, and of course, whipping up our signature treats to share.
- 20 pretzel rods
- 1 pouch of dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar of black, orange and purple sprinkles
- 1 box of Fatty Sundays Cookies + Cream pretzels
- MELT: Melt chips (in microwave safe bowl) on medium (50% power) for 30 seconds. Microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, as needed, stirring until chips melt. Don’t add water or overcook.
- DIP: Holding a pretzel securely by one end, dip the pretzel into the chocolate. Use a spoon or spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the pretzel. Let any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- DECORATE: Use a spoon to evenly coat the pretzel with sprinkles and carefully lay each pretzel on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat with the remaining pretzels, chocolate and sprinkles.
- COOL: Place the cookie sheet full of chocolate covered pretzels in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Remove the tray when the pretzels are completely chilled.
- ENJOY: Eat, enjoy and share your Fatty Sundays chocolate covered pretzels! Remaining pretzels may be stored in an airtight container or in a plastic bag at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Discover more trends and treats in the Fall 2015 issue of My Magazine | Molly My.